Service Contract Cancellation Letter Sample
When it comes to canceling a service contract, it`s important to do so in a professional and courteous manner. This not only reflects well on you but also ensures that you don`t burn any bridges with the company that provided the service. In order to do this, it`s a good idea to have a service contract cancellation letter sample on hand.
Before we dive into the details of what should be included in a service contract cancellation letter, it`s worth noting that there are certain circumstances that may require you to cancel your service contract. For example, if you`ve found a better deal elsewhere or if you`re no longer in need of the service that you signed up for, a cancellation letter is necessary. However, if you`re canceling due to poor service or other issues, it may be worth speaking directly with the company first to see if your concerns can be addressed.
Now, let`s take a look at what you should include in your service contract cancellation letter sample:
1. Date and contact information: Start by including the date and your contact information, including your name, address, and phone number.
2. Statement of intent: Clearly state that you are canceling your service contract with the company. Be sure to include the date on which you intend for the cancellation to take effect.
3. Reason for cancellation: While you don`t necessarily need to give a reason for your cancellation, it can be helpful for the company to know why you`ve made the decision to cancel. Be honest but tactful in your explanation.
4. Request for confirmation: Ask for a confirmation of your cancellation, including the date on which it will take effect. This will help protect you in case there are any misunderstandings or disputes down the road.
5. Gratitude and well wishes: Conclude your letter by thanking the company for their service and expressing your best wishes for their future success.
Here`s an example of a service contract cancellation letter sample:
[City, State Zip]
[Your Phone Number]
[Service Provider Name]
[Service Provider Address]
[City, State Zip]
Dear [Service Provider Name],
I am writing to inform you that I wish to cancel my service contract with your company, effective [date]. While I have appreciated the services that you have provided, I have recently decided to explore other options.
I would like to request confirmation of my cancellation, including the date on which it will take effect. I also want to say thank you for your service and I wish your company continued success in the future.
If there are any further steps I need to take to finalize this cancellation, please let me know. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.